Do's and Don’ts for Better Skin
Your skin is the largest organ in your body, so you definitely want to give it a lot of TLC. Whether you want to have better skin for health reasons, or just to look hotter, here are my best men skin care tips on the do's and don'ts for better skin:
Be gentle and kind to your skin
- This seems so obvious, but you’ll be surprised to discover how many mundane activities have adverse effect on our skin. The way you apply the Gentlemen's moisturizer, which includes charcoal for men's skin, and even the way you lay on your pillow can impact your skin. Let’s face it, men can be heavy handed. Your face can’t take that unnecessary roughness when applying products as part of your grooming regimen. Use our shaving brush to smooth out your shaving cream for the ultimate shave. If you have a long beard or cool mustache style, be sure to check out our beard conditioner. When you are applying aftershave, do pat it onto your skin, rather than slapping it on. When applying moisturizers, use the pads of your fingers, especially around the eyes. If you are cleansing your skin, use soft washcloths and Get soft skin-friendly pillow cases like silk. Cotton pillowcases can pull at the skin as you move around and adjust. Be sure to use one of the best facial cleansers for men!
Use mild formulas.
- Everything you intend to put onto your face should provide it with some benefits. Cleansers should be soap-free, according to WebMD, and beauty bars, liquid cleansers and mild cleansing bars are all good face-friendly options. Think of it this way, you are cleansing your face to remove dirt, oil, fungus, sweat, bacteria and skin cells that have died, so you need to find something that is highly effective, yet gentle on your skin. We of course highly recommend our men’s face wash, which is specially formulated to cleanse your skin, without stripping away vital moisture. Unlike most face washes that leave your skin uncomfortably dry, ours leaves behind a healthy amount of your skin’s natural oils. Our face wash cleanses the skin with activated charcoal, absorbing and trapping impurities from the surface of your skin while washing them away as you rinse your face.
- Go for lukewarm water. Hot water can wreak havoc on your skin so that middle-ground water that is not too cold or too hot is the best solution. Not only is it better for your skin, it closes the pores. This makes your face less susceptible to environmental attacks
- Get the occasional all-body massage and don’t forget a weekly facial massage you can self-administer. Your skin will feel better. The improved blood circulations will keep your face and body looking more youthful and energized. Massages to both face and body help plump loose skin, encourage lymphatic drainage to extract toxins out, and adds vitality to a dull complexion.
- Don’t wear clothing that irritates your skin. Anything that causes rashes constricts body parts or leaves red marks on your skin should not be part of your practice.
- Don’t forget to exfoliate your skin. Exfoliation makes room for cell renewal. When you allow your skin to accumulate layers of dead cells, you leave yourself vulnerable to skin disorders. By removing dead layers, your skin will look more glowing and youthful. Try our Gentlemen’s Facial Scrub and our men's facial mask. Used weekly, our scrub will keep your skin’s cell turnover on track with gentle yet effective crushed walnut shells to slough off dulling surface cells and reveal a fresh, radiant smooth complexion. Skin looks and feels clean, refined and more youthful. Regular exfoliation helps revitalize skin and diminish the signs of aging. Infusion of caffeine, lavender, menthol, and peppermint oils give your skin a rejuvenated feeling.
- When applying things to your skin, don’t drag and pull and tug. When cleaning, don’t scrub. Think of patting and tapping as a way to show your skin some love.